Exposure to harsh soaps as well as the dry winter months leaves everyone’s skin looking and feeling parched but particularly men who may not use moisturising body lotions and creams as much as women.
There are many benefits to using a body lotion or cream regularly – immediate moisturisation and relief from tight, dry and flaking skin to long-term prevention of dry skin conditions.
Aside from the choice of body lotion, how and when it is applied will also make a difference as to how effective it is. It is generally best to apply body lotion to clean dry skin. After bathing or showering, towel dry the skin lightly and gently. While the skin is still slightly damp, rub on dime-sized dollops of a high-quality body lotion. Gently massage into the skin to stimulate circulation and blood flow.
Here are some more tips:
• Don’t take a bath in it! Less is more when it comes to high-quality lightweight lotion. Start with small amounts and evenly distribute it around the body. Knees and elbows tend to dry out faster — especially in winter– so reapply as needed to keep them from flaking and becoming dried out.
• If you have sensitive skin, avoid body moisturisers with fragrance; this can affect the skin by increasing the potential for allergies, dehydration and other reactions.
• Stay away from lotions with lots of oils, because it leaves a film on the body that can cause breakouts.
• Don’t forget the sunblock! A general everyday moisturiser doesn’t have sunblock, so you’ll need to add that if you are going to be in the sun for an extended period of time. Be sure to wait for moisturiser to absorb (usually less than a minute) before applying a sunscreen on your body so that you are protected.
• Don’t miss the feet! By applying lotion to the feet regularly, cracks and dry skin can be prevented.
[Additional Info: blog.menscience.com]
Celltone’s new range of Tissue Oil Body Lotions and Creams are ideal for everyone – including men. The range comes in three fragrances Original, Camphor and Cocoa Butter. The formulas are easily absorbed without any greasy after feel and keep the skin effectively hydrated all day.
Celltone Skin Care was launched more than 6 years ago and is a unique skin care range with products that address various skin care concerns including dark marks, wrinkles, spots and break outs and dehydrated skin. It also has a range of quality sun screens.
The range’s hero product, the legendary Celltone Gel contains snail gel extract – which became a global skincare phenomenon after workers harvesting snails discovered their hands became softer, smoother and younger looking. Snail gel extract is used in many of the range’s products including its premium Tissue Oil and luxury face care range.
Celltone is a proudly home grown brand that looks to provide solutions to problems that are unique to the South African and African market but which are not effectively addressed by international brands.
Celltone Skin Care is the proud skin care and sun screen provider to the Proteas Cricket Team. Celltone also supports Gift of the Givers through its Celebrate and Donate takes part in the Care for the Caregiver programme. #begoodtoyourskin
Celltone is also available from Dischem, Clicks, Pick ‘n Pay, Game, RED Square, Edgars and Independent Pharmacies.