Enlarged or large pores are a common skin care complaint and while they cannot be eliminated they can be reduced by including a toner in your skin care routine. For some reason toners seem to be overlooked as a non-essential part of skin care, however, they perform quite an important role and here are a few reasons why.
– Toners shrink pores: applying a small amount of toner to a soft cotton ball or pad and gently blotting and wiping your face with it will remove oil and give the appearance of smaller pores.
– It restores your skin’s pH balance: skin is naturally acidic, typically with a pH balance of between five and six, however this balance can be affected after cleansing due to the alkaline nature of soap. Your skin therefore works overtime to return to its normal levels, which may result in excess oil, but using a toner can quickly help restore this balance.
– It adds a layer of protection: toners can help close pores and tighten cell gaps after cleansing, thus reducing the penetration of impurities and environmental contaminants into the skin. It can even protect and remove chlorine and minerals present in tap water.
– It moisturises: some toners are humectants, which means they help to bind moisture to the skin.
– It refreshes skin: a toner can also be used in lieu of washing your skin when it’s oily or dirty.
Celltone Toner, R149,90 for 125ml, is alcohol-free and gentle on the skin. Infused with Rosewater, Oat and Wheat extracts it moisturises the skin, while removing any traces of cleanser.
Celltone Skin Care was launched more than 6 years ago and is a unique skin care range with products that address various skin care concerns including dark marks, wrinkles, spots and break outs and dehydrated skin. It also has a range of quality sun screens.
The range’s hero product, the legendary Celltone Gel contains snail gel extract – which became a global skincare phenomenon after workers harvesting snails discovered their hands became softer, smoother and younger looking. Snail gel extract is used in many of the range’s products including its premium Tissue Oil and luxury face care range.
Celltone is a proudly home grown brand that looks to provide solutions to problems that are unique to the South African and African market but which are not effectively addressed by international brands.
Celltone Skin Care is the proud skin care and sun screen provider to the Proteas Cricket Team. Celltone also supports Gift of the Givers through its Celebrate and Donate takes part in the Care for the Caregiver programme. #begoodtoyourskin
Celltone is also available from Dischem, Clicks, Pick ‘n Pay, Game, RED Square, Edgars and Independent Pharmacies.